How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on HTC One M9
Looking for a stable custom ROM for your HTC One (M9) based on the very latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat? Experience all the latest features of Nougat right on your HTC One M9 with Slim7 custom firmware. Following are the all the details and steps you need to know to update HTC One M9 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
Prerequisites to update HTC One M9 to Android 7.1.1
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M9 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M9's boot loader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
Steps to update HTC One M9 to Android 7.1.1 Slim7
- Download Slim7 Android 7.1.1 custom ROM for HTC One M9. Extract the boot.img file.
- Also download the GApps package for your device.
Step 1: Connect your HTC One M9 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
Step 2: Copy and paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
Step-3: Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device.
Step-4: Boot your device in the Bootloader / Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
Step 5: Once in the Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt with Shift + Right-click combo and click on the Open Command Prompt.
Step-6: Type the following string into the window:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter.
- Fastboot reboot - press Enter again.
Step 7: Follow the on-screen instructions and select Bootloader > go to Recovery.
Step 8: Once in recovery, perform wipe data task: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
Step-9: Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
Step 10: From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Slim7 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
Step-11: Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step, but select GApps package this time.
Step 12: Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M9 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Don't forget to let us know about your experience with Android 7.1.1 Slim7 on HTC One M9.