How to Flash Android 6.0 Custom ROM for HTC One M8
We have already shared with you a few Android 6.0 Marshmallow based custom ROMs for HTC One M8. S-ROM was, however, one of the first ROM based and Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Sense 7.0. A very stable custom firmware, here is how you can update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0 based S-ROM.
S-ROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM:
- Based on HTC A9 1.10.401.7
- World’s first Marshmallow Sense 7.0_g A9 port for HTC One M8
- Include latest A9 framework, drivers, and modules
- Support all models, include CDMA models
- Rock solid, super fast
Note: Custom ROMs are third-party firmware which means there might be some performance issues with some features. They also void your device's warranty; please proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites to update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M8 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M8's bootloader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
How to update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0 S-ROM:
- Download S-ROM Android Marshmallow custom ROM for HTC One M8.
Here are the steps to help you update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based S-ROM custom firmware:
- Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM file to your phone’s SD card root folder.
- Also copy and paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC One M8.
- Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Once in Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-toolsdirectory on your PC and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command:
- Fastboot flash boot boot.img - press Enter.
- fastboot reboot - press Enter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your phone. Select Bootloader > Recovery.
- Once in recovery, perform wipe data tasks: from the recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
- From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 6.0 Marshmallow S-ROM custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M8 into the new custom ROM.
That's it. Enjoy the features of Marshmallow and the stability of S-ROM custom ROM on your HTC One M8.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter