Update HTC One M8 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TeamUB Custom ROM – How to
After updating your HTC One M8 to Android 5.1 using CM12.1 Nightly custom ROM, you must be looking forward to the very latest Android 5.1.1 based custom ROMs. here is one stable, smooth and fast custom firmware to flash on your HTC flagship smartphone.
Packed full of features, TeamUB custom ROM has been updated to Android 5.1.1 now for the HTC One M8. The ROM includes OTA update so you won't have to flash new ROMs for upcoming Lollipop updates. Here are the steps and some prerequisites that you need to follow to update HTC One M8 to Android 5.1.1 TeamUB Lollipop.
TeamUB Android 5.1.1 features:
- OTA updates
- Centre clock
- Battery percent in the status bar
- Network traffic indicator
- Date settings
- Listview animations
- AOKP System animations
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Quixk settings Customization
- Heads up notifications
- Proximity speaker
- Performance settings
- Network Traffic
- App circle sidebar
- Clock fonts
- Battery styles
- Wakelock blocker
- DSLV controller
- Statusbar ticker
- Apps to SD
- Nav Bar height
- Status bar double tap to sleep
- Custom notification lights
- Recent Panel settings
- Privacy options
- Fluid interface
- Best battery improvements
- All latest CM commits
Prerequisites to update HTC One M8 to Android 5.1.1 TeamUB:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M8 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M8's bootloader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
How to update HTC One M8 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
- Download TeamUB Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM for HTC One M8. Extract the boot.img file.
- Also download the GApps package for your device.
Here are the steps to help you update HTC One M8 to Android 5.1.1 based TeamUB custom firmware:
- Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM and GApps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder.
- Copy / paste the boot.img file to the Android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device.
- Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer and open command prompt with Shift + Right-click combo and click on the Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following string into the window:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img and press Enter.
- Fastboot reboot - press Enter again.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and select Bootloader > go to Recovery.
- Once in recovery, perform wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
- From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the TeamUB Android 5.1.1 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
- Once the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step but select GApps package this time.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M8 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Enjoy the new ROM with fresh feel of Lollipop.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter