Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.2.2 JB Blackbean Custom ROM
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based Blackbean custom ROM is an unofficial port of the original Blackbean. You can now update your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 to this custom ROM containing many amazing features. Some of those features include:
- Aokp Toggles (aokp)
- Rom Control (kang from aokp but made into baked style)
- DSPManager (cm)
- Lockscreen weather (cm)
- Lockscreen calendar
- Build From Baked Source
- Lockscreen shortcuts 8 tablet (cm)
- Full customized MMS app (baked) & more...
This is a custom ROM, hence we'll be using custom recovery tool ClockworkMod to flash this ROM on our Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 tablet. Follow this guide to learn about the very important prerequisites steps followed by the steps to flash the custom ROM Blackbean for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Prerequisites to check before you update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.2.2 JB Blackbean Custom ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery is installed - Download CWM for Tab 2 7.0 from here.
- Ensure that your Tab 2 7.0 P3110 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Blackbean Custom ROM:
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your tablet. Make sure that you store these files in SD card root, not in any folders.
- Disconnect USB and switch off your Galaxy Tab 2. Boot in to custom recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up. Leave the buttons for half a second and hold again. Alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Perform the Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done - very important step to switch back.
- Now perform a full data wipe operation by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. Follow it by wiping cache data by selecting wipe cache partition. Perform dalvik cache wipe by going to advanced and then selecting wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back to main recovery menu and from sd card, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 4.2.2 ROM file using the Volume keys and select it by pressing power button. Select yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to complete successfully.
- Repeat the above step but select Gapps zip file this time to install in the tablet.
- Once the ROM is successfully flashed, go to +++++Go Back+++++ and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest custom ROM Blackbean based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
That's it! You have successfully completed the process to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.2.2 JB Blackbean Custom ROM.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter