Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 4.4.2 PAC-man Custom ROM – How to
Bringing you a handful of power-packed features from CM 11, AOKP, and Paranoid Android, PAC-Man custom firmware now comes to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. PAC-Man Android 4.4.2 lets you easily choose from KitKat phone UI to tablet interface or hybrid. Get the most out of your Android device getting the best from some of the most popular custom ROMs. Here is how to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat based PAC-man custom firmware.
PAC-man Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- All in One Rom [Core features from PA, AOKP and CM]
- PAC in Black
- Status bar tweaks
- Quick Settings Panel tweaks
- Notification Drawer tweaks
- Lockscreen Notifications
- Active Display
- Gesture Anywhere
- Init.d scripts
- Build.prop Mods
- Statusbar Weather
- Recents RAM Bar
- Slim Recents
- AOKPs Ribbons
- PAC Console
- Latest Version Nightly Builds
- OTA Updates
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 4.4.2 PACman custom firmware:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery is installed – Download CWM for Tab 2 7.0 from here.
- Ensure that your Tab 2 7.0 P3110 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 4.4.2 with PAC-man:
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your tablet. Make sure that you store these files in SD card root, not in any folders.
- Disconnect USB and switch off your Galaxy Tab 2. Boot in to custom recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up. Leave the buttons for half a second and hold again. Alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Perform the Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done – very important step to switch back.
- Now perform a full data wipe operation by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. Follow it by wiping cache data by selecting wipe cache partition. Perform dalvik cache wipe by going to advanced and then selecting wipe dalvik cache.
- Go back to main recovery menu and from sd card, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the PAC-man Android 4.4.2 custom ROM file using the Volume keys and select it by pressing power button. Select yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to complete successfully.
- Repeat the above step but select Gapps zip file this time to install in the tablet.
- Once the ROM is successfully flashed, go to +++++Go Back+++++ and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat based custom firmware.
That’s it! You have successfully completed the process to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to Android 4.4.2 PACman custom firmware.