Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Android 4.2.2 PACman Custom ROM
PACman has released its PAC-ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. It is a combination of three popular ROMs Paranoid Android, CM and AOKP so is packed with amazing features from these ROMs. PAC-ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 works smoothly and gives a completely optimized experience.
PACman ROM – Android 4.2.2 Features
- All in One ROM [CM, AOKP and PA]
- PhoneUI, TabletUI, PhabletUI
- Latest Version 23.0
- All feautures from PA
- All features from CM
- Latest Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Ketut.kumajaya’s Kernel
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Android 4.2.2 PACman Custom ROM
- Connect your device with computer using data cable and copy the downloaded files. Make sure to store them in the card root, not any folders.
- Turn off your Tab 2 and disconnect from USB cable.
- Boot in to the CMW recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously on your tablet.
- In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe operation: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Next, go to wipe cache partition to clear the cache. Once done, from CMW go to Advance > Wipe dalvik cache.
- Now from sdcard, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Find the PacMan jelly bean zip file and confirm its installation.
- Once the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for the GApps package.
- After the installation is finished, go to +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the tablet by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu to boot into the new Android 4.2.2 based PAC-ROM.