Featured ROM: Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7
We are focusing today on Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 edge since S7 owners are getting some envious vibes with the S8 launch. (Don't point at me!) Our devices may no longer be the "latest flagships," but it certainly doesn't mean we can't flaunt them with the latest wallpapers and software updates. You can check out this guide for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. In this post, we will help you update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat based crDroid custom ROM. The ROM not only brings you the latest Nougat flavor but also offers a super long list of features.
crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat features
LineageOS - all mods and features
StatusBar: Network Traffic
StatusBar: SU icon toggle
StatusBar: Hide/Show icons
StatusBar: BatteryBar customization
StatusBar: Battery styles
StatusBar: Tap to Sleep
StatusBar: Clock styles
StatusBar: crDroid logo customization
QuickSettings: Tiles customization
QuickSettings: Brightness slider toggle
QuickSettings: Optional brightness icon
QuickSettings: Vibrate on Touch
QuickSettings: WiFi easy toggle
QuickSettings: Bluetooth easy toggle
QuickSettings: Data easy toggle
Navigation: Toggle navbar
Navigation: PIE navigation
Navigation: DUI - SmartBar / Fling Toggle
Navigation: Pulse - smart visualization
Notifications: Power notification controls
Notifications: Force expanded notifications
Notifications: Toggle immersive mode messages
LockScreen: Screen shortcuts
LockScreen: Toggle longpress for screen shortcuts
LockScreen: Swipe shortcuts
LockScreen: Toggle media cover art
LockScreen: Toggle clock
LockScreen: Toggle date
LockScreen: Toggle alarm
LockScreen: Tap to sleep
LockScreen: Toggle longpress torch
LockScreen: Cutomize number of notifications
LockScreen: Toggle power menu for secure lockscreen
Recents: Immersive Recents
Recents: Hidden apps
Recents: Toggle OmniSwitch as default Recents
Sound: Toggle screenshot sound
Sound: Live customization for number of volume steps
Sound: Less frequent notification sounds
Sound: DND customizations
Miscellaneous: Clock Widget
Miscellaneous: Toggle suggestions on Settings dashboard
Miscellaneous: Toggle summaries in Settings
Miscellaneous: Toggle auto-start music player on headset detection
Settings/Display: Expanded Desktop customization
Settings/Sound: Increasing Ringtone
12 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop and Sync.
Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
Default sounds from latest Nexus image.
Stability and performance improvements.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP (developer preferred) or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat crDroid
Required files: download crDroid for Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F and save it on your computer. Do not extract contents. Also, download Gapps.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the crDroid custom firmware and confirm the installation process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Don't forget to share your experience with crDroid Android 7.1.2 custom ROM with our readers. We'd love to hear about your favorite Galaxy S7 ROMs too.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter