Install Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F
Bringing you all the AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat features, you can now update Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 7.0 based AOSPExtended custom ROM. The ROM runs smoothly and offers a number of features. Here are all the major features of AOSPExtended custom firmware, and steps to install it on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
AOSPExtended Nougat features
- Substratum Theme Engine
- Inbuilt SuperSU
- Privacy Guard
- Expanded Desktop
- Dashboard suggestions/summaries (Enable/Disable)
- Statusbar Clock/Date customizations
- Statusbar Traffic Indicators
- Notification count
- Dt2s on Statusbar
- QS quick pulldown
- QS Brightness Slider(Enable/Disable)
- QS Tiles Animations
- Force expand notifications(Enable/Disable)
- Immersive Mode messages(Enable/Disable)
- Flashlight Notifications
- Immersive Recents
- Toast icon
- MediaScanner behaviour on boot
- Heads up Notifications(Enable/Disable)
- Power Menu Customizations
- Additional Battery Saver steps
- Volume Rocker tweaks(Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode)
Note: The custom ROM is a work in progress. For more features, problems, bugs, and support, please visit the official thread.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 7.0 ROM
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 7.0 Nougat ROM
Required file: download AOSPExtended Android 7.0 ROM and copy the zip file to your SD card
- Reboot your SGS5 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys until the screen flashes. After a few seconds, your phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary to enable you to recover your current ROM if you don’t like the new firmware. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, select wipe data/factory reset > Yes to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Then, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose a zip from SD card. Locate the AOSPExtended custom ROM and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. The ROM installation will now begin.
- When done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot your S5 to the latest firmware.
Don’t forget to share your favorite Nougat ROMs with us.