Update Galaxy S4 to PACman Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM
Many of the Android users want to have various features from different popular custom ROMs at one place rather than sticking to only one custom firmware or keep switching between different ROMs. PACman custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 is finally here – thanks to Vertigo – and you can now root PACman on your Galaxy S4 i9505 with no issues at all.
Remember, PACman is one of the most popular Android custom firmware integrating features from three other famous ROMs: CyanogenMod 10, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid. The ROM offers elegant theme per-app layout and per-app color. You can almost customize and and every aspect of ROM to obtain the interface that you want to have. The ROM is stable for daily use, but since it’s still in development stages, we should expect minor bugs and ALSO that they’d be ironed out as the dev progresses.
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy S4 to PACman Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 i9505 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that custom recovery tool (CWM or TWRP) is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root PACman custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 to computer using USB cable and mount the storage.
- Copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your i9505 – do not extract any file.
- Disconnect your SGS4 and turn it off. Boot it into recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power button simultaneously. Hold these until the screen flashes and then release all the keys. Use volume keys to navigate and power key to select any option.
- Next perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM: important step to restore back later if this new ROM does not work or you want to switch back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Perform wipe operations. Select wipe data/factory reset, and then confirm on the next screen. Also clear wipe cache partition and finally wipe the dalvik cache by selecting Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option.
- Next, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the ROM zip file downloaded earlier and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the PACman ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for the GApps file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed successfully, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot your Galaxy S4 i9505 into the new PACman ROM. First boot takes a few minutes, so give your device enough time to settle your things.
Awesome! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 is now running the amazing PACman custom ROM!