Update Galaxy S4 i9505 to Liscio Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM – How to
Based on AOSP Android 4.4.2 KitKat sources, Liscio custom firmware is getting popularity among the Android family with its bucket full of purist features. Minor enhancements over the stock, smooth and a fast custom firmware, Liscio Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM is very stable. We have previously seen it working smoothly on Nexus 5, and now Galaxy S4 users too can enjoy it. Here is how to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to Liscio Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware.
Liscio Android 4.4.2 firmware details:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- AOSP Based
- Stock UI/Look
- Recommended read: Bugs Reported in Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat and their Fixes
Here are the prerequisites and step-by-step guide to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to Liscio Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 i9505 to Liscio Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Update Galaxy S4 i9505 to Liscio Android 4.4.2:
Required files: download the Liscio Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S4 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Liscio Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter