Update Galaxy S4 i9505 to MoKee Android 4.4.2 custom firmware with this easy to follow guide. MoKee Android 4.4.2 KitKat is based on AOSP 4.4.2 and CyanogenMod 11 builds. Enjoy this new addition in the family of Android 4.4 custom ROMs.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to MoKee Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on international Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to MoKee Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM:
Required files: download the MoKee Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S4 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the MoKee Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9500 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Congrats! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat with MoKee custom firmware.