Update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMGA Official Firmware
The recent official OTA release for Samsung Galaxy S4 is the XXUBMGA Android 4.2.2 update being released for i9500 models. Though the latest Android 4.3 firmware is out and being prepared to be released on various Android devices, the 4.2.2 JB updates keep rolling out. You can update your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 to this latest android official update via OTA; or simply follow this tutorial to manually update your smartphone to official Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMGA OS.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMGA official:
- Download and install USB drivers for SGS4 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMGA official firmware:
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, locate the firmware file and hit the Start button to initiate the update process.
- When official update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off S4 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.