Update Galaxy S3 to I747MVLDMF1 Android 4.1.2 JB Official Update
The latest official update for Samsung Galaxy S3 is being rolled out in Canada. The firmware update i747MVLDMF1 4.1.2 JB includes Multi Window and other useful features. Canadian Galaxy S3 owners should be receiving this update right now but it takes a while to receive the notification for OTA update. In case you haven't yet got it, you can download the firmware and flash it on your smartphone manually. Follow this guide to update Galaxy S3 to I747MVLDMF1 Android 4.1.2 JB manually.
Version: Android 4.1.2
How to update Galaxy S3 to i747MVLDMF1 Android 4.1.2 official update:
Required files: please download the correct firmware file for your carrier.
Also download the Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract and install on your computer. Extract the firmware file to get the .tar.md5 file.
- Connect your SGS3 with the PC using the USB data cable and copy the files on your device.
- Boot your Galaxy S3 in Download mode and run Odin .exe as an Administrator on your computer.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 with computer using the USB cable. You will get a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- Click on PDA and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name (required). Click on Phone to select a file with *modem* in its name, on CSC button select a file with *csc* in its name and finally click on PIT to select the .pit file.
- In Odin window make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Also, select Re-Partition if you have got a .pit file.
- Double check everything in the last two steps and then hit the START button to initiate the official firmware update process.
- Once the installation is successfully finished, your Samsung Galaxy S3 will reboot automatically and soon you will get a PASS message in Odin.
- Now you can disconnect the smartphone from your computer and enjoy the update OS.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter