Looking for an Android Nougat based custom ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S3? Resurrection Remix custom firmware is now available for the device. Based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, the beta ROM promises some amazing features, including all CM14.1 features, for your device. Reportedly a stable and fast custom ROM, you can now update Galaxy S3 to Android 7.1.1 ROM.
Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.1 features
-Navbar Button Customization smartbar
-Double Tap To sleep navbar
-Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
-Battery Bar customization
-Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
-Battery % Text
-Power Menu Animations
-Gestures Anywhere Feature
-3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture
-App Circle Bar
-Choose apps in AppSidebar
-Choose apps in App circle
-Pie Trigger(left ,Right ,Bottom)
-More Pie Features
-Clear All button Switch
-Clear All Tasks Switch
-Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
-Full Screen Recents
-Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
-Lockscreen General Shorcuts
-100+ Icons for Shortcuts
-Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
-Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
-Quick PIN/Patter Unlock
-Lockscreen Weather Widget
-Lockscreen Icons Color
-Quick Settings Draggable Tiles
-Dyanamic Tiles Adjustment
-Number of columns/rows
-LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
-Disable Immersive Mode Messages
-Force Expand Notification
-Notification Panel Transperency
-Volume Dialog Transperency
-Notification Panel Stroke
-Volume Dialog Stroke
-Advanced Reboot Menu
-Power Menu Customizations
-Reboot(Recovery, Bootloader, Hot Reboot)
-Power Menu End Calls Switch
-On the Go Mode
-Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
-Home Button answer call
-Long Press Actions
-Double Tap Actions
-Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
-Short Press Actions
-Long Press Actions
-Search Button(If Device Supports)
-Short Press Action
-Long Press Action
-Wake Up Device
-Ringtone Volume Control
-Keyboard Cursor Control
-Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
-Volume Key Answer
-Enabled By default
-Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner As compared To AOSP
-StatusBar Icons Cuzomizations
-Quick Settings Customizations
-Expanded Desktop Mode
-Heads Up Switch and customizations
-Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation
-Lock Screen Autorotate Switch
-Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow
-Double Tap Power Button To enable Camera gesture
-Prevent Accidental Wakeup
-Wake Phone on Charging Plug
-Battery Light Customizations
-Notification Light Customizations
-CM privacy guard
-Performance Tweaks(Kernel Aduitor Inbuilt)
CM root inbuilt
-OverAll Smoothness Improvements
-Optimizations to Improve Battery
-Includes All Android Nougat Features
-Includes ALL CM14.1 Features
The ROM is still in development phase, so beware that some features might not work at their best. For more features and support, visit the official thread.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 to Android 7.1.1
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S3 model I9300; please do not try this guide on other Android or Samsung devices.
How to update Galaxy S3 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Required files: download Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S3 and save it on your computer. Also, download GApps. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from the CWM or TWRP recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard, followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few long minutes.
How to restore: If you want to return to your previous OS on SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore and then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.