Update Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 to Gummy Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM – How to
The popular Android 4.4.2 KitKat based custom ROM, Gummy, has now been released for Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. Gummy Android 4.4.2 KitKat is famous for its stability and speed. Here is how you can update Galaxy S3 T999 to Gummy Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware!
Gummy Android 4.4.2 KitKat features:
Gummy Android 4.4.2 custom firmware comes with a plenty of new features. The few primary features are mentioned below:
- New base built from AOSP
- Status Bar Mods
- Hardware Key Mod
- Many Wallpapers
- Performance Control
- Application Permission Controls
- Carrier Label Options
- Lock clock widget
- Theme Manager
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Gummy Android 4.4.2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Gummy Android 4.4.2:
- Connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Gummy Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter