Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.4.2 Revolutionary S5 Custom ROM – How to
You can update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using the Revolutionary S5 custom ROM which is based on stock Android 4.4.2. Revolutionary S5 carries a lot of resemblance to Samsung Galaxy S5 firmware as it has been modified to match the TouchWiz of latest Samsung flagship.
Revolutionary S5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat features:
- Updater SU 1.93
- build from Ricky310711 rom kitchen
- patched updater-script for ANY recovery
- 4.4.2 statusbar
- S5 accuweather themed
- Debloated to the max
- Ram free average 360MB
- fixed livewallpaper picker bug
- included sunbeam LWP(to avoid crashes)
- fixed livewallpaper installation from bloat
- New hosts file provider(3x the size of MoaAB)
- Fixed R95QuickConfigTweaks
- Better ram management
- added multi dpi support
- option to install 260 dpi
- option to install 290 dpi
- option to install 320 dpi
- aroma installer
- new aroma splash screen
- New grid sized
- Fixed accuweather bug
- added choice of wipes
- Added choice of backups
- -downloaded apps
- -recovery settings
- Samsung tool to aroma
- added odexing to aroma
- added aggression to aroma
- added supercharger to aroma
- added xrealty to aroma
- added crossbreeder to aroma
- added disable bootanimation to aroma
- added disable bootsounds to aroma
- Fixed launcher
- added note 2
- Settings more themed
- NC Toggle color fixes
- Added leaked update of playstore
- Newest N3 MyFiles
- 2 More new S5 wallpapers
- Changed default lockscreen wallpaper
- Note 3 ripple effect lib
- Improved ripple rendering
- ALL Official S5 wallpapers
- New over the horizon tone
- changed default tone(new over the horizon)
- S5 themed keyboard
- added xposed
- added per-app settings
- added wanam xposed
- patched app backup script
- fixed datawipe issue from previous versions
- new aroma wallpaper
- new splash screen
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 4.4.2:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 4.4.2 Revolutionary S5 ROM:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Revolutionary S5 custom firmware:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect the connection with PC and turn your Galaxy S3 off.
- Boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up. Leave the keys for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to scroll and Power button to select - alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Now perform Nandroid backup of your current ROM: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to main recovery menu after backup process is done - very important step to restore back to current OS.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes; once done, select wipe cache partition. Next tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data too.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Revolutionary S5 custom ROM file copied earlier and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to be completed.
- Once installation process is finished successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package on your SGS3 i9300.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest Revolutionary S5 custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3. It will take a bit of time during the first boot, so kindly be patient.
- Ta da! This was how to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Revolutionary S5!
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter