Update Galaxy Note to ParanoidAndroid AOSP ROM Android 4.2.2 JB
In the newly released AOSP 3.10 version of AOSP 3+ project, ParanoidAndroid is becoming one of the popular custom ROMs based on Android 4.2.2, the latest firmware. You can now update Galaxy Note to ParanoidAndroid AOSP ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by following this tutorial.
Paranoid Android 3.10 brings you the best features of AOKP and CyanogenMod along with the lovely new functions of Android 4.2.2. This sought-after ROM brings the PIE controls - a brand new way to browse between the screens. Follow this guide to learn to upgrade Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.2.2 ParanoidAndroid 3.10.
Important: this tutorial is only for the Samsung Galaxy Note model number N7000. Please do not attempt to update any other models or devices following this post.
Prerequisites to check before you update Galaxy Note to ParanoidAndroid AOSP ROM based on Android 4.2.2 JellyBean:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note to ParanoidAndroid AOSPA 3+ Build:
- Connect Samsung Galaxy Note to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your galaxy device.
- Disconnect your Note N7000 and switch it off.
- Boot in to the CMW recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Select Backup and Restore option to perform the Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Perform a full data wipe operation: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation.
- Next, from sdcard, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Find the PA jelly bean file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for the Gapps package.
- Go back to main recovery screen and select reboot system now. Wait until your phablet boots in to the new ROM!
That's it! Your Samsung Galaxy Note is now upgraded to the latest PA AOSPA 3+ build based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Enjoy the new features and love your Note N7000 even more!