Update Galaxy Note N7000 to XXLTA Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware
Android 4.1.2 XXLTA Jelly Bean cures some security issues and introduces some improvements. The update has been rolled out in many regions for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. You can update the latest official update on your Note via OTA or KIES. Follow this tutorial to manually update your phablet to the latest official update.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note N7000 to XXLTA Android 4.1.2 official:
- Download and install USB drivers for Note N7000 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Note.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Note N7000 to XXLTA Android 4.1.2 JB official firmware:
Required files: download the XXLTA 4.1.2 JB firmware file these links: Spain (Orange): AMN-N7000XXLTA-20130924141758.zip, Germany (T-Mobile): DTM-N7000XXLTA-20130911141207.zip, Austria (T-Mobile): MAX-N7000XXLTA-20130911160857.zip, Spain (Vodafone): ATL-N7000XXLTA-20130821094058.zip, Hungary (Telenor): PAN-N7000XXLTA-20130821140828.zip
Extract the zip file and you will get a tar.md5 file. Also download the Odin3 v3.04 for installation from here.
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, locate the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with *modem* in its name - optional.
- Click the CSC Button and select file with *csc* in its name - optional.
- Click the PIT Button, select the .pit file - optional.
- Check everything and hit the Start button to initiate the update process.
- When official update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off Note and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your Note.