Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Assassin Custom ROM
Based on TouchWiz, Assassin custom firmware gives you all the KitKat features while being super fast and stable. Assassin Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM is popular for providing best battery time; here is how you can update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Assassin custom ROM.
- Recommended: Android L vs iOS 8: First Impressions
Assassin Android 4.4.2 features:
Assassin Android 4.4.2 custom firmware comes with a plenty of new features. Here are a few of them:
- Super Fast
- Super Powerful System
- Supreme Performance and Long Battery Life with new level of customization…
- Pluss the best battery saver kernel ever Developed
- Assassin Kernel
Note: This guide is only to flash Assassin Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 3 model N900. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Note 3 variants.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to Android 4.4.2 Assassing:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to Android 4.4.2 Assassin:
Required files: download Assassin Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy Note 3 N900 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download the Google Apps Package for your Note 3 from here.
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N900 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Assassin Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing Gapps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N900 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your Note 3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.