Update Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CleanROM Custom ROM
CleanROM has proved to be one of most popular custom ROMs among the users of Galaxy S3 and now the Galaxy Note 2. ROM is very stable, performance-oriented and is packed with add-ons, fonts, features and modifications. Developed by Scrosler the ROM is targeted towards a stock ROM experience with the ability to play around and choose the features and functions, all the while expecting performance and stability.
Some popular features include:
- Performance, stability at the top of the game
- International N7105XXDMB6 Jellybean 4.1.2 Base
- Multi Window Control to add or remove any apps
- WiFi Tether unlocked
- Unsecure boot image with init.d support
- Samsung Find My Mobile capable
- Long Press to skip music tracks with screen off
- Cherries: additional ringtones and fonts
- Works great with Verizon, AT&T, Rogers and other i317 and 7105 variants
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CleanROM Custom ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 2 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that custom recovery tool (CWM or TWRP) is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 carries more than 70% of charge.
Update Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CleanROM Custom ROM:
- Connect your device memory on computer using data cable and copy the downloaded files. Make sure to store them in the card root, not any folders.
- Switch off Note 2 and disconnect from computer.
- Boot in to the recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down andPower buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a full data wipe operation now by going to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Go to wipe cache partition to clear the cache and then from main menu, go to Advance > Wipe dalvik cache.
- Next, from sdcard select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from Sdcard. Find the CleanROM jelly bean zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- After the installation is finished, go to +++++Go Back+++++ and reboot the Note 2 by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
That's it. Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is running the amazingly stable and performance-focused CleanROM. Welcome to the party!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter