Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to OmniROM Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
OmniROM 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly is based on Android 4.3 AOSP, created by XplodWild and Chainfire. The ROM has elements from CyanogenMod, AOKP and a few other popular custom ROMs. You can use this ROM based on Android 4.3 JB to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. Follow this guide to flash OmniROM Nightly custom ROM on your Note 2.
OmniROM Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM features
- DayDream improvements added
- Integrated performance control
- Multi-window mode
- Multiple workplace
- Roadrunner mode
Note: this tutorial is only written for LTE variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model N7105. Please do not try it on other variants/devices.
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 using OmniROM Nightly custom firmware:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your Note.
- Your Note 2 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Galaxy Note.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Note 2 LTE carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to update Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to OmniROM Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE with PC using a USB cable and copy the custom ROM and GApps files on the Note’s memory card.
- Disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 N7105 from computer when the copy is done and switch it off.
- Reboot your Note 2 into recovery mode and take Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Now perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and then wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded OmniROM nightly custom firmware file and confirm installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105, repeat the above step but select GApps file instead.
- When done, reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE to boot into the newly installed OmniROM Nightly custom firmware.