Update AT&T Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UCMD8
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has been released for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 finally! You can definitely update your phone via KIES or just follow this tutorial to manually update your smartphone to the latest official UCMD8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 i777 in case you haven't received the update yet.
Prerequisites to check before you update AT&T Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UCMD8:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S2 i777 in your computer.
- Create backup of all the important data from your SGS2 i777.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update AT&T Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UCMD8:
Required files: download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UCMD8 for Galaxy S2 I777 and Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract the firmware file and you will get a .tar.md5 file along with some other files (optional). Extract and install ODIN too on your computer.
- Power off your AT&T Galaxy S2 and boot your device in Download mode.
- Once in Download mode, run Odin .exe as an Administrator on your computer (admin rights are required).
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 with your computer using the USB cable. Once connected, you will get a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In your Odin, click on PDA and locate the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name. Do not change any settings. Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Double check everything in the last step to confirm and then hit the START button to initiate the official firmware update process of your SGS2.
- Once the installation is successfully finished, your Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 will reboot automatically and soon you will get a PASS message in Odin. Disconnect the smartphone from your computer and enjoy improved performance.