Untethered iOS 4.3.2 Jailbreak Guide For iPod Touch 3G / 4G, iPad & iPhone 3GS / 4 with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc14
Today I will tell you how to jailbreak you iDevice to the latest iOS firmware, the iOS hardly came a week or so ago and already we have an untethered Jailbreak courtesy of the iPhone Dev Team, We will be using “redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc14” for this purpose.
The tools required for the jailbreak:
- iTunes 10.2.2
- Redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 for Windows or Mac
- iOS 4.3.2 IPSW File for your device:
Run iTunes 10.2.2 and connect your iOS Device to iTunes. Make sure you have the compliant IPSW file and navigate to your iDevice in iTunes and Shift + Left Click on “UPDATE” like I have shown, Navigate to the iOS 4.3.2 IPSW again as shown in the image and choose “open”. Now wait for iTunes to update your iDevice to 4.3.2 once this has happened proceed to the next step.
Run Redsn0w from the .rar file and choose “redsn0w.exe, just like last time except you don’t need to shift + Click instead choose “Browse” and once again navigate to your iOS 4.3.2 IPSW file and double click it. Once you get the “IPSW Successfully Idenitified” message press “Next”
After the “Preparing Jailbreak Data screen” passes you will get to choose a bunch of options make sure you choose “Install Cydia” no matter what, you can also choose other options like enable battery percentage or Allow Boot Animation but make sure Install Cydia is ticked, once you have done so click next and move on to the next step.
I highly suggest you put your iDevice in DFU mode for this step just follow these simple steps to put any and all idevices under consideration into DFU Mode:
- Make sure iDevice is plugged in by USB
- Hold down Power and home button together for 10 seconds use the second hand by double clicking the clock on windows taskbar to make it easier.
- After exactly 10 seconds let go of the power button and keep holding the home button.
- Make sure you don’t let go of home button until you get a speech bubble on the bottom left telling you your iDevice is now in DFU mode.
- Let go of Home button safely once you see the speech bubble go.
Now just do next and keep an eye on your iDevice screen and sit back and relax 🙂 once the running pineapple logo disappears go into your homescreen, swipe to the left and see the Cydia icon, while I did the jailbreak perfectly my Cydia icon is white but it still worked none the less as the screens below prove.
And that’s it, your iDevice is jailbroken and ready for action. I hope you enjoyed this guide.