Turn 10 “Committed To Smooth & Stable” Forza Motorsport 7 Experience, Now Investigating Stutter Reports
Last week, Turn 10 released the free Forza Motorsport 7 demo giving racing fans a taste of the game ahead of the official launch.
However, PC gamers quickly noticed that something wasn't quite right. While the average frame rate was more than fine, many (including us) experienced the annoying phenomenon of stuttering during gameplay. This was paired with an uneven usage of CPU cores, something that had been initially confirmed by a Community Liaison on the official Forza Motorsport 7 forums.
Turn 10 sent us a rectifying statement that it was just a miscommunication and Forza Motorsport 7 is actually equipped to use as many cores as your system is capable of handling. That said, we asked them whether they were able to reproduce the stuttering issue at all. Here's their reply below.
Turn 10 is committed to a smooth, stable experience for our players. Currently, we are investigating stutters reported in the PC demo on specific configurations.
The developers also recommend to check out the demo FAQ to brief yourselves on the known issues. Forza Motorsport 7 launches on October 3rd for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, though pre-order users will be able to play starting on October 29th. You can find the official feature set below.
- Immersive True 4K Gaming – Built from the ground up to be UHD at 60 frames per second, Forza Motorsport 7 is the premiere 4K gaming experience.
- Explosive Immersion – Shaking cameras and rattling car parts immerse you in the exhilarating danger that defines motorsport.
- Dynamic Race Weather – Intense rain, expanding puddles and limited visibility make this the ultimate test of bravery and skill behind the wheel.
- Unrivaled Car List – Collect and drive more than 700 cars, including the largest collection of Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini models available in any racing game.
- Tracks Come Alive – Master 30 racing environments with over 200 ribbons in Forza’s largest track list ever. No two races are the same as race conditions change each time you return to the track.
- A Brand New Campaign – Experience the premiere racing championship in the Forza Driver’s Cup, where you battle thousands of Drivatars to earn trophies and become the Forza Driver’s Cup Champion.
- Ultimate Esports Experience – With new leagues, enhanced spectating modes, Beam integration and premiere partners like Porsche, Forza Motorsport 7 is the ultimate racing esports experience for players and viewers alike.
- Your Driver is a Personal Expression – Personalize your appearance with our massive driver gear collection, including hundreds of options spanning decades of race history and pop culture.
- Anyone Can Have Fun – From new players to esports pros, Forza Motorsport 7 is the most customizable game yet with new Assists and Mods designed to help all skill levels and unprecedented tuning for veterans to dial in the game how they like.