CD Projekt RED announced today the studio has released all of the 16 free DLCs, as promised. The latest DLC adds the long-awaited New Game Plus mode.
CD Projekt announces that they have released all 16 free DLCs for The Witcher 3
Marcin Iwinski, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED, said:
“We’ve been releasing free DLCs since launch, and today’s release of New Game +, the 16th and last of them, marks a special moment for us and, I hope, for all Wild Hunt fans as well. They can now restart their adventure and see how the story turns out if they make different choices than on their first play-through. I’d like to extend my thanks to all the gamers who played our game and gave these DLCs a try. Nothing makes a developer happier than seeing gamers have fun with what they created,” Iwi?ski adds, noting that “I would really like to see such initiatives become an industry standard rather than an exception to the general rule, and I hope that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has set a good example.”
The 16 free DLCs released since launch
Temerian Armor Set, Beard and Hairstyle Set, New Quest – ‘Contract: Missing Miners’, Alternative Look for Yennefer, Nilfgaardian Armor Set, Elite Crossbow Set, New Quest – ‘Fool’s Gold’, Ballad Heroes’ Neutral Gwent Card Set, New Quest – ‘Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear’, Alternative Look for Triss, New Quest – ‘Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted’, Skellige Armor Set, Alternative Look for Ciri, New Quest – ‘Where the Cat and Wolf Play…’, New Finisher Animations, NEW GAME +. All DLCs are available for download now on Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4, free of charge.
How to obtain the DLC:
PC – GOG Galaxy:
1. On the game page for The Witcher 3 (Library/My Collection/Witcher 3) you will see an “ADDITIONAL CONTENT” section displayed in the right column.
2. Purchase the “FREE DLC PROGRAM” item from there (you will not be charged).
3. In the “More”/”Configure” menu you can choose “Available Content”, which will show the DLCs – tick them, and Galaxy will download them automatically.
PC – Steam:
1. On the game page for The Witcher 3 (Library/Witcher 3) you will see that there are DLCs available – tick them, and Steam will download them automatically as part of its automatic update process.
2. If you have downloaded the DLCs but they still aren’t displayed in the game, restart Steam.
PC – EA Origin:
1. Go to “My Games” in Library and find “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt”.
2. Open the product page by clicking on a game title or the “i” (More Details) icon.
3. Scroll down; in the “Add-ons & bonuses” section, you’ll find all the additional content (free DLCs, Artbook, Soundtrack, Maps, Wallpapers, Voice-Over Packs and Artwork). Click “Get It Now”/”Download” on the right to download.
A few days ago patch 1.08 became available. You can view the list of the most important fixes the patch brings below:
- “Players can perform a roll just before landing to significantly reduce the damage caused by falling.
- We’ve added a tutorial pop-up window explaining this to make it clearer.”
- The interaction pop-up will no longer appear on lootable objects that are empty.
- Introducing the Wolven Hour potion. This potion will be available in everyone’s inventory once they install the patch.
- Fixes an issue where interiors would sometimes not display properly on the minimap.
Preparatory features paving the way for the introduction of New Game + in the future.
You can view the complete changelog for Patch 1.08 here.
The Witcher 3 Hunter’s Config is a nice little tool offering easy access to graphical options, and it's certainly worth a look.
As we have previously covered a few adjustments in the ini files can improve the grass quality in The Witcher 3, as well as the performance. A workaround on how to run HairWorks on AMD GPUs without crippling performance, has also been made available, enabling AMD GPU users to enjoy The Witcher 3 with HairWorks enabled, while getting better performance than GeForce users not using a Maxwell architecture Nvidia GPU.
The Witcher 3 is available on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.