"The Galaxy Project" ROM version 15.01 is finally released for Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305. This ROM is based on official firmware that is Jelly Bean XXUENA2 4.3 and it supports 45 languages. In the latest version, developer has fixed the GPS bug and added lots of tweaks. Some of them are given below
- Browser Tweak: Added exit menu to stock web browser
- Browser Tweak: Exit confirmation removed
- Contacts Tweak: No limit on joining contacts together (limit was 5 contacts)
- Launcher Tweak: Set drawer sorting to Alphabetical
- MyFiles Tweak: Added Rmvb file format support
- MyFiles Tweak: Enable Directory Search
- Settings Tweak: Enabled Blocked Calls/Messages Menu
- Settings Tweak: Removed Software Update option from the Settings Menu
- WiFi Tweak: Maxed out Max amount of clients for AP
This article will provide you complete step by step guide of how to install “The Galaxy Project ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305” but before moving to the tutorial section, please have a look to new features that have been added in this version.
Features of "The Galaxy Project" ROM
- Boeffla Custom Kernel 5.1 Stable (Built 2014-02-14)
- Deodexed, Rooted, ZipAligned, and BusyBox Support
- Extra apps to /system/xbin: 7z, bash, zip, zipalign
- Updated hosts file
- GPS Fix
- Multilingual (45 Languages)
- Custom/Unbranded Bootanimation Fix
- Disabled KIESexe
- Extended Power Menu
- Enabled MTP + ADB as deafult
- Xposed Framework
- Watercolor, Ink, Light Effect Lockscreen
- Enabled OneHand all screen
- Enabled Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Enabled Torchlight
- CRT / Fade Effect
- 4way Rotation
- 4way Rotation
- Scrolling Wallpaper
CAMERA / CAMCORDER
- "Low battery" warning and blocking removed
- "Can't use flash on low battery" warning and blocking removed
- HQ video recording:
- 1080p: Normal - 17MBit / Fine - 24MBit / Superfine - 30MBit
- 720p: Normal - 9MBit / Fine - 13MBit / Superfine - 17MBit
- HQ sound recording:
- 192 kbit/s (instead of 128kbit/s)
PHONE / MESSAGING
- SMS Logs hidden from the Call Logs
- Turn Increasing Ring On/Off
- Customizable End Call Delay
- Turn Record button On/Off in Call Screen
- Removing notifications from Call Record in Call Screen
- Enabled SecMms Group Messaging
- Enabled IP Call
- Enabled SecMms Split View
- Enabled SecMms Backup/Restore Functions
- Enabled SecMms Scheduled Messagng featuers
- Increased SecMms Max FileSize to 2000kb
- Increased SecMms Max Image Size to 4096x2048 (8.4 MP)
- Dialer search matches numbers in contacts and call logs along with contacts
- Speed Dial extended to 100 entries
- Enabled SecMms Signature options
- Enabled SecMms Screen On/Off options
- Enabled SecMms Vibration options
- Fixed SMS/MMS Timestamp so it shows time sent not received
- Maxed out Recipient Limit, Sms-Mms text threshold, max slide count
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘CWM recovery’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for install "The Galaxy Project" ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to Install "The Galaxy Project" ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to Flash "The Galaxy Project" ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 4G I9305
- First step is to reboot your phone into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone
- That’s it.