The Division Update 1.7 Live Today on PC/XO/PS4; Includes Global Events, Commendations, Survival DLC Improvements & More
The Division update 1.7 is currently being deployed on all platforms and will feature a new event system, a new built-in achievement system, survival DLC improvements, and much more.
The 1.7 update is available for free and is being rolled out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, simultaneously. Servers are expected to be down for approximately 3 hours while the update is being deployed.
Apart from the new features mentioned above, the update also offers encrypted caches, and new gear and customization options.
Due to being quite extensive, the full patch notes can be found at the Ubisoft Massive forums right here. Down below we’ve included a summary with the patch’s most important changes:
- Global Events – The update will introduce a new event system that will challenge players to find new ways to play through time-limited activities featuring new gameplay modifiers. New Events will be available regularly and grant exclusive rewards upon completion. Players will also be able to activate additional modifiers for some missions and incursions, adding an extra layer of challenge that gives them a chance to yield more rewards.
- Commendations – Previously called Feats, Commendations are a new built-in achievement system that will provide players with a series of tasks and subsequent rewards.
- Encrypted Caches – Caches are loot boxes with random customisation items and emotes inside. Players will be able to obtain Caches by gathering keys in the world, or purchase them with Premium Credits.
- New Gear and Customisation Options – New gear includes Classified Gear sets, new facemasks and Arm Patches. Players will also be able to re-customise their agents for free at the Barbershop.
- Survival DLC improvements – New scoring items will allow players to achieve higher scores. The reward economy has also been reworked so that time investment is more on par with other activities
The Division Update 1.7 is available now for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.