How to Install Slim6 Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
A new custom ROM has been designed and developed for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. As the smartphone unfortunately won’t receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow officially, the number of custom ROMs is increasing to help users get the latest flavors of the operating system. Based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, you can now flash Slim6 custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. Follow these steps to flash this latest Marshmallow ROM for Note 3.
Note: The link only works with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. You can follow the steps with other Samsung Galaxy devices, but do not use this ROM zip file with any other device.
Before you flash Marshmallow ROM for Note 3…
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Note 3 LTE N9005 to Android 6.0.1 Slim6 ROM:
Required files: download Slim6 Android 6.0.1 for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also, download the Google Apps Package for your Note 3.
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Slim6 Marhsmallow ROM for Note 3 and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing GApps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N9005 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes, so please be patient.