New Shadow of the Tomb Raider Patch Released for PC/PS4/XO; Adds Support for The Forge DLC & Matchmaking
A new Shadow of the Tomb Raider patch has been rolled out for all platforms which adds support for the Forge DLC and the new matchmaking gameplay functionally alongside various improvements.
PC patch #6 updates the game version on PC to build 220.127.116.11. For console owners, the patch updates the game to version 1.08. The Forge DLC is the first of seven new DLC adventures for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and allows Lara to uncover the secrets of Kuwaq Yaku.
Throughout her journey, Lara will uncover details about a friend’s ancient legacy, and overcome a danger long thought to be lost in flame. “The Forge” delivers a brand-new challenge tomb, playable in both solo and co-op. Players who complete the challenge tomb will be rewarded with the Grenadier skill, Brocken outfit, and Umbrage 3-80 weapon.
A completely new adventure, “The Forge” is the first of seven monthly DLC adventures available through the Season Pass, providing players with an abundance of new content, challenge tombs, co-op experiences, weapons and outfits, gameplay modes, and new narrative side missions.
If you own Shadow of the Tomb Raider and you purchase the DLC content, you can invite a friend who also owns Shadow of the Tomb Raider to join your play session for co-op tomb raiding. Players can look forward to the second DLC release, “The Pillar,” arriving this December.
Additionally, two tombs from the main game, “Court of Death” and “Gate of Xibalba,” will be playable in Score Attack and Time Attack. “Court of Death” will be playable in those modes on Nov. 13, and “Gate of Xibalba” will be playable on Nov. 27.
We’ve included the release notes for PC patch down below:
We have updated build 237.6 with fixes for the following issues:
- Fix for crashes on start up reported by a number of users.
- Fix for crashes reported by a number of users when accessing the side-missions screen.
Fixes included in this patch
- New content added by purchasing “The Forge” DLC : The Echoes of the Past Side Mission, the Forge of Destiny Challenge Tomb, new skill, new outfits and new weapons.
- Matchmaking & friend invite for the new cooperative gameplay functionality added with the Forge of Destiny Challenge Tomb.
- New Achievements added for the new DLC content.
- New game modes: Score Attack and Time Attack – Replay the challenge tombs you discovered in new challenging ways and get additional rewards.
- You are now able to switch between different audio output settings. This reenables support for Dolby Atmos.
- Many smaller stability and functionality fixes.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is available globally now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The title was released back in September of this year.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter