Root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 on Android 4.3 VRUEMK2
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 also received the VRUEMK2 OTA update earlier released to Verizon and AT&T SGS4 variants. Here is how to root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 on VRUEMK2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Follow this step by step guide to root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 VRUEMK2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Note: This method will only work for Samsung Galaxy S4 M919; for Verizon and AT&T Galaxy S4 rooting on VRUEMK2 Android 4.3, check this tutorial using SafeRoot.
Prerequisites to root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 VRUEMK2 Android 4.3:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Create backup of your important data.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 VRUEMK2 Android 4.3 JB official:
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Launch Odin on PC and connect your SGS4 with computer; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In your Odin, click on PDA and select the CF-Auto-Root-jfltetmo-jfltetmo-sghm919.tar.md5 file.
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Start the flashing process.
- When the root is successfully done, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
To verify root access, install the Root Checker app and run it on your Galaxy S4.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter