Root Samsung Galaxy S 3 Mini (How-To Guide)
Samsung Galaxy S III is one of the best Android devices to hit the market to date. However, large screens is a phenomenon that isn’t loved by everyone. There are folks who like to keep their smart phones “smart”; physically that is. In order to address the segment of Android users who love keeping their Android phones to minimum dimensions; Samsung Galaxy S III mini was developed. The phone comes with a dual core processer with 1.0 GHz speed complimented with 1 GB RAM. The phone run Android 4.1 Jellybean out of the box and carries a primary camera with 5 MP capability. Here we will explain to you on how to root Galaxy S3 Mini.
Like other Samsung Galaxy S series Android devices, Samsung Galaxy S 3 mini is also lucky enough to get a dedicated home on XDA forums. And since at XDA, hacking, modding and development is followed like a ritual; Samsung Galaxy S 3 Mini now boasts of root!
The root isn’t a conventional tool click treatment, instead it involved flashing a rooted firmware on your phone via ODIN. For now, this method is only applicable to root Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190 model.
Before moving forward, it is important to understand that flashing custom rooted firmware has the potential ( very less) to kick your device in a bricked state. In any such unfortunate event, neither us nor the rooting method discoverer / developer will be responsible. Proceed at your own risk and with caution.
Here is the step by step guide to root Samsung Galaxy S 3 Mini (SGS 3 Mini) using Odin method:
- The first step is to download the Samsung Galaxy S III mini rooted firmware zip file from here.
- Once you have zip file, extract it and you will be able to find firmware .tar file.
- Now download Odin 3 from here , extract the zip file and save the Odin application on your desktop for ease of access.
- Now put your phone in download mode by first powering off and then rebooting while holding Volume down key along with home and power buttons.
- After this, connect your phone to the computer and make sure all relevant drivers are installed.
- Now once your phone is connected to the computer via USB cable, double click to launch Odin 3.
- If everything is going as planned, a com tab in the Odin window will go yellow.
- Now click on PDA tab and select the .tar firmware file.
- Once done, click on start and wait for the firmware flashing process to complete.
- Once the process is complete, your phone will auto reboot into rooted firmware.
And there you go! You now have root on your Samsung Galaxy S III mini. Unfortunately, there are no ROMs or custom recovery for the device available (as of now).
Again, all credits for the root Galaxy S3 Mini method and tutorial go to avicohh at XDA developer forums. In case you are stuck or need more information regarding this Samsung Galaxy S III mini root method, please head of the XDA guide thread to contact the dev in person.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter