Root Galaxy S4 with WanamLite Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
WanamLite is custom firmware built for Samsung Galaxy S4, based on stock Android 4.2.2 XXUAME2 OS. WanamLite comes with all the stock features, apps and capabilities and adds some additional capabilities and tweaks on the phone. It will help you resolve the battery drain issue, improve performance and optimize looks.
The custom firmware WanamLite is rooted, deodexed, zipaligned and installed with Busybox giving you all the more reason to try this custom firmware for your new Samsung Galaxy S4. Also, it is an stable firmware so you can try this one out without any worries.
Note: this guide is specifically written for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 models. Please do not try this on any other Android devices.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy S4 with WanamLite Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device - learn to backup SMS & MMS.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 carries more than 80% of charge.
How to root Galaxy S4 with WanamLite Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
Required files: download WanamLite JB 4.2.2 on your computer - do not extract the contents.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the external card of your S4 smartphone.
- Disconnect the cable and switch your Galaxy S4 SGH-i9505 off. Boot in to recovery mode now: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously - or try Quick Boot app.
- Perform Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later. Select Backup and Restore > Backup - very important step since it's a custom ROM and can contain bugs.
- Now perform data wipe operations on our Galaxy S4: wipe data/factory reset > Yes. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. When done, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache for wiping Dalvik cache data too.
- Now from sd card, select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the WanamLite 4.2.2 ROM file from sdCard and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 is updated to WanamLite 4.2.2 JB custom firmware. The firmware is pretty stable but if you do find any issues, do let us know to help other S4 users too!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter