How to Root Galaxy S4 i9505 on Official XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 JB Firmware
The international LTE variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 has officially been updated to XXUDMH8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. If you have updated your device via OTA, the root would have been revoked. Follow this guide to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 on the latest XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 JB.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy S4 i9505 XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 JB:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer or you should have KIES on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smart phone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Galaxy S4 i9505 XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 JB:
- Unzip and install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons simultaneously. Once successfully connected, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, locate the root file and hit the Start button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for your smartphone to get rooted. When root tool installation is successfully completed, Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Whoa! Your Galaxy S4 LTE is now rooted on XXUDMH6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter