Guide to Root Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM
Yesterday we rooted our Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to Android 4.2.2 based custom firmware LiquidSmooth. Here we are bringing another custom ROM to make your move to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The custom Carbon ROM is much similar to the LiquidSmooth developed by the popular Team Carbon.
Please keep on reading this guide if you wish to move to the latest firmware Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or read our post on LiquidSmooth for Samsung Galaxy S3 earlier. The Carbon ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is still under development and hence, may contain bugs and issues. All the issues will be resolved as the development progress though.
Pre requisites before you root Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development option to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to root Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM:
Required Files: ROM file (Carbon ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy S3 T999) & Google Apps Package (Google Apps). Save the files on your PC and please do not extract their content.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to PC and copy downloaded files to SD card using the USB cable.
- Disconnect USB, power off your smartphone and boot the handset into clockworkmod custom recovery mode by pressing Volume, Up, and Power button simultaneously until the logo shows up on screen.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM in case you want to move back: select Backup and restore and then Backup. – important step.
- Wipe the data now by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. It will take a few minutes until the data wiping is completed. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition, once it’s finished, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data.
- Now from sdcard, select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Carbon-JB-v1.1-15FEB2013-105343-d2tmo.zip file copied earlier. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation.
- Repeat the above step but this time select Gapps file rather than the Carbon ROM file to install Google Apps package.
- Once the installation is complete, return back to the main menu and select reboot system now to boot in to the new Android 4.2.2 based custom firmware Carbon ROM for Galaxy S3 T999.
Let us know about your experience with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via comments!