Root Galaxy S Duos to XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware
Android 4.0.4 based XXAMB1 update recently rolled out for Galaxy S Duos model S7562. It is an official firmware update and many S Duos users in Vietnam have already received it on over-the-air. The XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 can also be downloaded from KIES. But if you cannot yet see it on KIES then keep reading this tutorial to learn the steps to download and then flash your Galaxy S Duos S7562 to the latest XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update.
Note: This tutorial is written for the Galaxy S Duos model number S7562, please do not try it on any other Android devices or models. This update to the XXAMB1 firmware would be done using ODIN and not the CWM recovery tool.
Prerequisites before you root Galaxy S Duos to XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 official firmware:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S Duos in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- This tutorial uses ODIN utility which works only on Windows OS. If you use Mac OS or Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) then please use cross platform tool Heimdall to flash this firmware.
- Ensure that your S Duos carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to root Galaxy S Duos to XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 official firmware:
Required files: Odin 3.07 & Android 4.0.4 S7562XXAMB1 for Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562
- Extract the firmware zip file from the link above to get a .tar and few more files.
- Extract Odin zip too and you will get a Odin3 v3.07.exe file and a few others.
- Switch your Galaxy S Duos off and wait for a few seconds for the vibration to confirm it is completely switched off.
- Boot your Galaxy S7652 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding volume down , home, and power buttons simultaneously until phone reboots with a warning screen. Then it will boot into the download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe file as an Administrator (admin privileges are required) and connect your device with PC using the USB cable. A message "Added!!" will show up on ODIN message box. In case you don't get the message, try another USB port. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you have successfully added the S Duos device.
- Select these files now from S7562XXAMB1 firmware folder in ODIN under the respective buttons:
- Click on the PDA button to select the .tar file with *code* appearing in its name.
- Click the Phone button and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Now click on the CSC Button to select the file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click on the PIT Button to select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check-boxes are selected in the Odin window. If you are using .pit file then also make sure to check the Re-Partition check-box too.
- Please double check everything mentioned in the last 2 steps and press the START button which will begin the rooting process.
- Once the installation is done, phone will automatically reboot and you will soon see a PASS message with the green background on your ODIN screen's left-most box. You can now unplug your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 from the computer.
Verify in the Settings > About Phone that your Galaxy S Duos is now running the latest XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 ICS official firmware.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter