Rocket League PS4 Pro 4K Support Announced Alongside Framerate Improvements On Base PS4 and Pro
Rocket League PS4 Pro support has just been announced by developer Psyonix. Furthermore, the update offers framerate improvements in 1080p and 4K for single and two-player split-screen modes.
Those playing in three and four-player split-screen modes will be able to enjoy Rocket League in 60 fps “ in most arenas at the same resolutions”. It’s unsure whether Rocket League will render in native 4K on Sony’s enhanced PS4 console. There’s also the possibility that the PS4 Pro’s checkerboard rendering technique will be used to ‘upscale’ to 4K.
The upcoming update will also offer multiple performance improvements, the Hot Wheels Premium Cars DLC, additional free Hot Wheels-themed post-match item drops, and PS4-specific technical improvements:
- Hot Wheels premium DLC cars, Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker (sold separately).
- Additional free Hot Wheels-themed post-match item drops, including both Toppers and Antennas.
- A new fan-voted “Player’s Choice” Crate filled with some of the community’s favorite items.
- PS4-specific technical improvements.
- Multiple performance optimizations and bug fixes.
According to the developer, this update is just one of many upcoming content updates for Rocket League this year.
The update is scheduled for a release later this month on February 21.