Update HTC One M8 to Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM
Based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Resurrection Remix custom firmware is now available for HTC One M8. We have previously shared with you its availability for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Resurrection Remix is not a new name in the world of custom ROMs as it boasts a strong and loyal fan following. Bringing all the CyanogenMod 13 features and adding some of its own, Resurrection Remix Android 6 Marshmallow gives you stable and fast performance paired with improved battery life. Follow this guide for Resurrection Remix Android 6 features, download links and flashing instructions for HTC One M8.
Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 features:
Dark Material Theme
Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
Network traffic monitor
Navigation bar dimensions
Add Weather display to status bar header
Overall Speed up system
Amazing Battery Life
Brand new music and audio fix app from cyanogenMod
Included all cm 13 features
Before you flash Resurrection Remix Android 6 on HTC One M8:
- Backup any important data from your HTC One M8 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device. Check out this link.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure that your HTC One M8's bootloader is unlocked and that you have a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 80% of power.
How to update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM:
Here are the steps to help you update HTC One M8 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Resurrection Remix custom firmware:
- Connect your HTC One to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM file to your phone’s SD card root folder.
- Also copy and paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC One M8.
- Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Once in Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-toolsdirectory on your PC and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command:
- Fastboot flash boot boot.img - press Enter.
- fastboot reboot - press Enter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your phone. Select Bootloader > Recovery.
- Once in recovery, perform wipe data tasks: from the recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache (from Advanced).
- From recovery main menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your HTC One M8 into the new custom ROM.
That's it. Enjoy the stability and customization choices that Resurrection Remix brings to your devices.