Ratchet and Clank Breaks US Record
How do you know that the platform genre featuring the likes of Jak and Daxter and Banjo-Kazooie is long overdue a resurgence? Ratchet and Clank - the film tie-in slash remake released last month - has become the biggest selling launch in the franchise.
Granted, you have to adjust for the number of days, but a spot of mathematical mischief never hurt anybody. That means the latest title has become the biggest selling launch in the long-running and immensely popular franchise.
The data was revealed in the latest NPD charts for April.
NPD analyst James Callahan said:
“Ratchet & Clank had the best launch of any game in the Ratchet & Clank franchise when adjusting for the number of days sold in the data month, with sales recapturing success not seen for the franchise since the height of the PlayStation 2 era.”
The full list of big sellers includes:
- Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
- MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
- Quantum Break (Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter