PUBG Event War Mode Available Now for a Limited Time; Three 10-man Squads Fight for Dominance on Erangel
The PUBG Event War Mode is available now for a limited time, and puts three 10-man squads against each other on Erangel.
The war mode is available until April 15, 7pm PDT / April 16, 4am CEST / April 16, 11AM KST. “War is PUBG’s most deadly Event Mode yet”, Bluehole writes. “Join one of three 10-man squads to compete for dominance over a small slice of Erangel. Whenever you die, you’ll reappear in a plane and plummet once again into the mayhem. First team to get 200 points wins.”
We’ve include a short promo video down below:
In War mode, players are grouped up in teams of 10, although one of the three teams can end up with less than 10 players depending on the matchmaking situation. The event rules and limitations for the mode are included below:
- 10-Man Squads on Erangel (All Regions)
- NA/EU/AS/SEA/OC: TPP & FPP
- KR/JP/SA: TPP
GENERAL EVENT RULES
- All players are grouped up in teams of 10. Each game will have a max of 30 players (three full teams). ◦ Please note that there can be a team with less than 10 players depend on the matchmaking situation.
- Immediately after the plane gets into the air, the safe zone is visible on the map.
- The safe zone is extremely small and never closes in or changes location throughout the duration of the game.
- Getting kills earns points for your team. The first team to get 200 points wins.
◦ Kill: +3 points
◦ DBNO: +1 point
◦ Revive: +1 point
◦ Team kill / Team DBNO: -5 points
- If no team reaches 200 points before the 15-minute time limit, the team with the highest score will be declared the winner (winner).
- Every time you’re killed, you’ll respawn in another plane.
LOADOUTS, LOOT, AND CARE PACKAGES
All players are guaranteed to spawn with the equipment below:
- One random AR or DMR equipped
- One random pistol
- Level one helmet
- Level one vest
- One grenade
Additional loot can be found in buildings and in care packages which drop every 90 seconds.
OTHER EVENT RULES
- Weather is locked at “sunny.”
- You can invite up to 10 players from your friends list to your party before jumping into game. ◦ The rest of team slots will be filled by auto matching system.
- Killer spectating is disabled.
- Redzone is disabled.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is available now for PC through Steam and Xbox One as part of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Preview program.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter