New PUBG Event Metal Rain Mode Allows You to Use Flare Guns to Call Down Heavily-armored Vehicles
The PUBG event Metal Rain mode for this week puts 8-man squads against each other on Erangel, and players can call down heavily-armored off-road vehicles via flare guns.
Available now until April 22 7pm PDT / April 23, 4am CEST / April 23, 11AM KST, the mode has a few event rules and restrictions which have been included below:
- 8-Man Squads on Erangel (All Regions)
- NA/EU/AS/SEA/OC : TPP & FPP
- KR/JP/SA : TPP
FLARE GUN RULES
- Flare guns spawn randomly alongside normal loot locations (flare gun spawn spots are no longer fixed)
- When shot inside the safe zone (white circle), special care packages will be dropped
- When shot outside the safe zone, a special vehicle—the armored UAZ—will be dropped
OTHER EVENT RULES
- This mode is limited to eight-man squads on Erangel, and you can invite up to seven friends.
- Auto-matching can be turned on or off (you don’t have to play as a full squad of eight if you don’t want to)
- The mode is limited to 96 maximum players (12 teams of eight players)
- Redzone is enabled
- Regular care package drops are enabled
- Killer spectating is enabled
- Bluezone rules are the same as standard public match settings
- Weather changes dynamically throughout each match
PUBG is available now for PC via Steam and Xbox One as part of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Preview program.