Prey Update 1.04 Focuses on Visual Fidelity & Performance on PS4 Pro; PC/XO Update Later This Week
Bethesda has began deploying Prey update 1.04 on PS4, which offers additional PS4 Pro enhancements.
The update is being deployed as we speak, and apart from PS4 (Pro) specific features, features fixes for various reported issues on all platforms. According to Bethesda, the update will be released for PC and Xbox One later this week. You’ll find the official 1.04 release notes down below:
Update v 1.04 includes:
- PS4 Pro Support added for:
- Enable Screen-Space Reflections
- Higher quality shadows
- Improved texture appearance
- More texture memory (stable streaming)
- Anisotropy 16x (from 4x)
- Improved visual fidelity
- Less LOD usage
- Dynamic lights show up further
- Particles are allowed to draw more pixels per effect
- Particle refraction enabled
- Additional fixes for PS4 input drift
- Glooing Cook between objectives no longer breaks mission
- 'Nightmare is Hunting You’ no longer plays after completing ‘Copy Protection’ without Typhon Neuromods installed
- Disgruntled Employee mission now properly completes if player finds Grant Lockwood prior to getting mission.
- Sarah Elazar will now give the code for Cargo Bay B if player has hostility from Phantoms
- Aaron Ingram will no longer flee and cower when released in Psychotronics
- Player can no longer lock themselves in the security pharmaceuticals office in Trauma
- Superfruit no longer appears shrunken and flat when fully grown.
- Adjusted timing on several cutscenes.
- Blank objective markers no longer persist above reticle
- Using key actions while controller prompts are shown will no longer cause a freeze.
- Tracking bracelets are now sent to Recycler with “Transfer all Junk”
Based on these patch notes, it seems that Arkane Studios has focused on improving the game’s visual fidelity and performance, rather than focusing on getting the game to run at 4K on Sony’s enhanced PS4 console.
Prey is available now for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. You can read our very own review of the game right here.