Official PACman Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM Released – Here’s How to Install It
Did you check the custom ROMs based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop we shared with you for Samsung Galaxy Note 3? Adding to that rich list of stable and popular custom firmwares is the PACman Android 5.1.1 custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Bringing gesture control lock screen and advanced keyboard options among a multitude of other features, this is an official release of the very famous custom firmware. Follow this guide to flash PACman Android 5.1.1 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005.
Note: The link works with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. You can follow the steps with other Samsung Galaxy devices, but do not use this ROM zip file with any other device.
Before you update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to PACman Android 5.1.1:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Steps to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to PACman Android 5.1.1:
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the PACman Android 5.1.1 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing Gapps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N9005 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Let us know if you loved the latest release by PACman.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter