Omni Naughties Android 4.4.2 ROM for Samsung Note N7000
Are you fan of black color? Then do try “Omni Naughties” Android 4.4.2 ROM on your Samsung Note N7000. It is a small, fast, blacked-out and smooth ROM. This Asylum Omni Naughties Android 4.4.2 ROM edition is lighter than the official OmniRom. If you want to install Omni Naughties Android 4.4.2 ROM on your Samsung Note N7000 then follow our step by step tutorial.
- ROM compiled with Linaro 4.8 toolchain, kernel with Linaro 4.7
- Build optimization upgraded from O2 to O3
- Custom Asylum Omni kernel with additional governors
- Unnecessary apps are checked out
- Settings, keyboard, clock, phone, InCallUI, messaging, contacts, calendar, Apollo, DSp Manager,
- SystemUI and framework blacked out, no official AOSP gray
- Safe Omni kernel and recovery with eMMC_CAP_ERASE disabled.
- The kernel also contains an Exynos security fix
- Unlike the official Omni, this ROM includes SuperSU by default, so there’s no need to reflash it after
- every ROM flash
- Asylum Easter egg, courtesy of Mr Markus
- UI tweaks
- Ad blocking hosts
- Custom Asylum wallpaper app which gives you access to over 300 black and gray weird wallpapers (thanks, Bangsti)
- Good battery life
- Speed and smoothness
- Addon.d scripts for backing up your custom DPI, softkeys and restoring them even after a full wipe and flash
- Cherry picks of good unmerged Omni stuff
- Completely bonkers community
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘CWM recovery’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Samsung Note N7000. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for installing Omni Naughties Android 4.4.2 ROM on Samsung Note N7000. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to Install Omni Naughties Android 4.4.2 ROM on Samsung Note N7000:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Note N7000
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Note N7000 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install Omni Naughties Android 4.4.2 ROM on Samsung Note N7000
- First step is to reboot your phone into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone
- That’s it.