How to Install Feature-Packed Nougat ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
Looking for a Nougat based custom ROM for Galaxy S6 edge? While we await the release of Oreo-based goodness, you can get stable, speedy and feature-packed ROMs based on Nougat for your device. Follow this guide to flash CarHDRom Nougat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge.
CarHDRom for Galaxy S6 edge features
CarHDRom brings a number of features on board. Here's a glimpse, but for more details, please visit the developer's thread.
BASED ON OFFICIAL FIRMWARE
*ROOTED with SuperSU
Prerequisites to flash CarHDRom Nougat ROM for Galaxy S6 edge
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge model G925F; do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices. To download this custom ROM for other Galaxy S6 and S6 edge variants, visit the developer's XDA thread
How to update Galaxy S6 edge to CarHDRom Nougat
Required files: download Android 7.0 Nougat CarHDRom custom firmware for Galaxy S6 edge G925F and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S6 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from Recovery, perform a full data wipe by pressing the Wipe button. Tap on Swipe to Factory Reset at the bottom.
- Go back to main recovery menu and tap on the Install button. Locate the ROM ZIP file and tap Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Once installation process is done, reboot your Galaxy S6 edge G925F into the new custom ROM. If you are, however, stuck in bootloop, tap Wipe cache/dalvik instead.
Don't forget to share your experience with this Samsung Galaxy S6 edge custom ROM with us.