Steps to Flash Android Nougat MIUI 8 Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z5
Based on the customized MIUI Android 7.0, this Sony Xperia Z5 custom firmware brings stable and fast performance along with a promise of improved battery life. Follow this guide for all the steps and links to install Android 7.0 Nougat MIUI 8 ROM on Sony Xperia Z5.
Android 7.0 Nougat MIUI 8 ROM features
- Chinese apps & plugins deleted
- Gboard added
- Google Installer v3 added
- Advertisements deleted
- Some tweaks
Prerequisites to install Android 7.0 MIUI 8 ROM on Xperia Z5
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z5 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Sony Xperia Z5 must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% power.
How to flash Sony Xperia Z5 MIUI 8 ROM
Required files: download MIUI 8 Nougat ROM for Xperia Z5 and save it on your computer. Extract boot.img file.
- Connect your Xperia Z5 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone memory's root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off your Xperia Z5 and enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with a USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue indicating the Bootloader mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, on your PC, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img - press Enter.
- fastboot reboot - press Enter.
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data task: from the TWRP recovery menu, select wipe > Swipe to factory reset.
- From the recovery menu, select install and locate the Xperia Z5 Android Nougat MIUI 8 ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Xperia Z5 into the new custom ROM.
First boot may take a good 5 minutes. Don't forget to let us know if this ROM lives up to the developer's claims.