New Windows 10 2020 Insider Preview Build Is Out
Microsoft has started to release another Preview Build from the Windows 10 2020 (20H1) branch. Since the Fast and Slow ring Insiders are currently busy finalizing the upcoming Windows 10 April 2019 Update, these Windows 10 20H1 builds are only being offered to those who had opted into Skip Ahead.
As noted previously, Microsoft has skipped working on Windows 10 1908 (19H2) to focus on 20H1 since the company said it requires a longer lead time. "We will begin releasing 19H2 bits to Insiders later this spring after we get 19H1 nearly finished and ready," the company added.
Considering Microsoft's ongoing focus on upcoming Windows 10 version 1903, there is nothing exciting happening with Windows 10 2020 with the builds only delivering fixes and improvements. Here's the complete changelog of today's release.
- Notepad now automatically restores unsaved content when Windows restarts for updates.
- We’ve enabled microphone in Windows Sandbox, which among other things will improve several accessibility scenarios.
- We’ve added functionality to configure the audio input device via the Windows Sandbox config file.
- We’ve fixed an issue in which the Windows Sandbox time zone was not synchronized with the host.
- We’ve enabled the Shift + Alt + PrintScreen key sequence in Windows Sandbox which activates the ease of access dialog for enabling high contrast mode.
- We’ve enabled the ctrl + alt + break key sequence in Windows Sandbox which allows entering/exiting fullscreen mode.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bug checks upon lid close, monitor plug, or monitor unplug.
- We fixed an issue resulting in preferred region settings getting reset on upgrade in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We fixed an issue in memcpy that caused some drivers to hard-hang the system on load; this could manifest as a hang on upgrade, depending on the system.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in monitors being missing from the built-in Color Management application.
- We fixed an issue causing Explorer.exe to crash for some Insiders when Jump list content was updated.
- We fixed an issue where text scaling values did not persist across upgrades for Win32 applications.
- Due to a Narrator reading reliability issue for the “Change how capitalized text is read” feature, the feature has been disabled starting in build 18855.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the touch keyboard to crash when switching from IME-based languages to another language.
Known issues in Windows 10 2020 18855
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- While this flight contains some night light improvements, we’re continuing to investigate reported issues in this space.
- When performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled, the user will need to initiate an extra reboot to ensure Reserved Storage is working again properly.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
For more details, head over to the official blog post.