New 4K ELEX Screenshots Shared Alongside October Release Date
ELEX will be released on October 17th, 2017 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, THQ Nordic just announced via press release.
To celebrate the reveal, they shared a CGI trailer embedded below. We also found a new set of 4K screenshots from the game on the official website, mostly focused on the environments you’ll find in ELEX.
In the press release, THQ Nordic then confirmed a Collector’s Edition for the game with the following contents:
- A 10-inch-high figurine of an Alb Mage
- A 2-inch amulet in the form of a combat drone
- A cloth map, showing the world of Magalan
- The original score on CD
- An artbook
- The game itself and the manual
We have an appointment to play ELEX and talk with the developers at E3 2017, so expect more details on the sci-fantasy RPG soon. In the meantime, here’s the official overview provided by Piranha Bytes.
In ELEX, you join the war over a powerful resource that gives people great magic-like powers, but turns them into indifferent cold creatures. You decide if emotions and humaneness or cold synthetic logic will rule the world of Magalan.
- Completely seamless Open World experience without borders and loading zones for the ultimate exploration experience
- Vertical Exploration: Use the jetpack to reach any place in the game world
- Simulated game world where everything reacts to the players actions and provides for an authentic atmosphere
- Highly interconnected quest system that support true player choices
- Tactical and challenging combat system for close and ranged combat
- Universe set in a post apocalyptic science fantasy universe that combines the most interesting aspects of all genres