New Monster Hunter World Update PS4 1.05 & XO 18.104.22.168 Released; Team Tracking Down Xbox One Matchmaking Issues
Developer Capcom has released a new Monster Hunter World update for both PlayStation 4 (1.05) and Xbox One (22.214.171.124).
As reported yesterday, the new patch addresses the PS4 Squads issues that have been reported on PS4 alongside a fix for the ‘5 Million Celebration Item Pack’. In addition, the update addresses various decorations and quests. We’ve included the full release notes for both updates down below:
Monster Hunter World Update Version 1.05 (PS4) / 126.96.36.199 (Xbox One)
Squads (PlayStation 4)
- Fixed an issue where the error message "Failed to retrieve squad information. Please wait and try again." would appear and squad features would not be usable. However, as a result of this fix, players who were affected by this bug will have all of their squad data reset. Additionally, players in squads whose squad leaders have their data reset will also see any affiliated data disappear the next time they log in. We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience, and ask that you reform squads or reinvite players whose data are lost.
- Fixed an issue where, rarely, uninvited non-squad members could join a Squad Online Session, or squad members could not join one of their own. Squad Online Sessions can still be joined by players outside of the squad via friend invite or Online Session ID search.
5 Million Celebration Item Pack
Fixed an issue where some players could not claim the item pack "5 Million Celebration Item Pack". The availability for this item pack has been extended to February 22, 23:59 (UTC).
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, decorations would be lost.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when selecting items with the "Sell Items" option (from the item box inside base camp tents) by hiding the decorations tab.
- General Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun ammo changes
- Increased the power of Normal Ammo (1, 2, 3), Pierce Ammo (1, 2, 3), and all elemental ammo (except Dragon Ammo).
- Decreased the power of Slicing Ammo, and reduced the effect it has when hitting other players.
- Reduced the maximum number of Slashberries you can hold in your item pouch from 60 to 30. Players can still use any remaining extra Slashberries if they currently have more than 30 in their item pouch.
Readjusted the Elderseal calculation for dragon pods.
Fixed an issue where information on endemic life would disappear from the Wildlife Map when moving about the field.
- Fixed an issue where the assignment "Flying Sparks: Tobi-Kadachi" would not appear on the quest board after departing on a different quest in the middle of speaking with the Chief Botanist just before the quest is first assigned.
- Fixed a rare bug that would cause players to lose control of their characters when completing a quest with certain start menu sub-menus open.
Xbox One Matchmaking issues persist
Xbox One players still seem to suffer from matchmaking issues, although a patch to address these issues was released last week. Capcom has assured the players that the team is actively looking into these issues. “Our development team is also working tirelessly on pinpointing the issues with matchmaking on Xbox One”, Capcom writes. ”We apologize for the delay and appreciate your continued patience and support as we track down and solve these issues.”
“In the meantime, if you’re unable to use the “Matchmake” option to connect to other hunters, you may still be able to create online lobbies, join others’ lobbies via “Filter Search”, “Invite a Friend”, connect via Xbox One LFG, or join hunts by using the “Respond to SOS” feature.
And in case you haven’t tried this yet, it’s been reported that some hunters have had success using the “Matchmake” feature after setting their NAT connection settings to “Open” on their Xbox One.”
Monster Hunter World is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. You can read our very own review of the game right here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter