Mobilink shocks the world by announcing BlackBerry Playbook in Pakistan
Mobilink is currently the largest mobile phone network in Pakistan and they are offering a number of good devices too. They recently announced Nexus S in Pakistan and now they are planning to bring BlackBerry Playbook to Pakistan. The tablet is just launched in USA and Canada, and now Mobilink Pakistan is looking to grab it. The news came from Mobilink Twitter account and it’s spotted by ProPakistani, where they are saying that Mobilink Indigo exclusively launches Playbook in Pakistan. No words on the release date but I think it will be out next month. About the price, the tablet is available for Rs. 62,000.
If you are a Mobilink Indigo customer, then you can pre-order the tablet from nearby sale and service centers or you can contact your sale account manager if you are a club Indigo member. In case you don’t know about the specs of the tablet, then have a look:
- 7″ LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
- BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Memory: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions to be available
- 5300mAh battery
- Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
- Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
- Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
- HDMI video output
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
- Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
- Ultra thin and portable:
- Measures 5.1″x7.6″x0.4″ (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
- Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
- Additional features and specifications of the BlackBerry PlayBook will be shared on or before the date this product is launched in retail outlets.
So who’s getting the tablet in Pakistan, anyone? or you are happy with your Motorola XOOM or iPad2?