Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Details Leaked: Ryse 2, Halo 5, Epic Xbox One Exclusive, Gears of War and Much More
With just few weeks more to this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo at Los Angeles, this is a great time for rumors, pre-show discussions and leaks. This year's E3 is, without any doubt, the most important one for both Sony and Microsoft as both the manufacturers will showcase their latest video game consoles and next-gen video games during their E3 press conferences. But lets not forget why are we here for right now, leaks.
Microsoft E3 2014 Conference Details Leaked: Games with Gold for Xbox One, Ryse 2, Forza Horizon 2, Next-Gen Gears of War and Much More
The most discussed topic right now in the gaming community is the upcoming E3. With very few official confirmations, E3 is all about surprises for game nerds and all that gamers are doing right now is trying to open their presents before Christmas. Well, from what we are learning from rumors and leaks, it looks like this year's E3 is going to awesome.
Earlier this week, we shared some leaked details about Sony's whole E3 2014 press conference. The leaks included new next-gen games, GTA V next-gen port, price cuts for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, God of War 4 and much more details regarding announcements that Sony will make during its E3 conference. However, they were just leaks and nothing is confirmed.
Today, we have a similar leak about Microsoft E3 2014 press conference from a blog known as TheCutAndDry. It looks like this blog has only been created for this leak as it contains no other post. Not to ruin the hype here, but this leak looks like more of a game enthusiast's dream. Although, the post says that this leak comes from "the highest source" and contains almost full details of Microsoft E3 2014 press conference.
Corroborated by a "number of sources," this leak contains a list of games that are to be announced during Microsoft E3 2014 press conference. Worth to mention, this leak matches some of the release date information and game announcements that were previously reported in a post on NeoGAF. Still, the leaked details shared below about Microsoft E3 2014 press conference should be taken with a huge grain of salt as there is no proof or confirmation about this information.
The leaked details given below have been taken directly from the blog post.
- Ryse 2 is in development and will be announced at the show in a real-time in-game trailer. Gone is the Roman period, enter the medieval setting. The game will offer more freedom of exploration and a refined combat system. The main character is a sell-sword of sorts with a greater destiny. This game looks beyond belief. No release date (possibly late 2016)
- Forza Horizon 2 will be announced for release in October 2014 vai Playground Games. It will once again be open world and set in Louisiana, Missisips, New Mexico, Texas and Arkansas. Full day/night cycle, real time weather. Estimated 80 hour single player.
- 343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.
- No Turn 10 this year except in supportive capacity of Playground.
- Halo 5 will get its release date.
- Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.
- Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.
- Good Science Studios will unveil their Kinect Only game "EchoBlack" - The game is controlled via the use of Kinect and the player plots through an adventure game drawn as by echolocation. The vibrancy of the world depicted alters depending on the pitch, loudness and location of the players voice. No release date.
- Twisted Pixel will reveal their next digital game which is set in a sci-fantasy planet of Dekelsus. Possibly a 2.5D platformer.
- Black Tusk will have a CGI trailer for Gears of War : Lazurus which will show the direction the series is heading.
- Lift London will be showing 2 projects. They are small and digital based. No other details unfortunately.
- Lionhead will have a brief gameplay of Fable Legends and bow out with a teaser of their next project which is set in a post-cataclysmic Earth decimated by egg shaped objects (possibly aliens)
- Frontier Development is working on a family friendly Kinect title for release in 2014
- Phantom Dust : Sacrifice is being worked on by Grounding Inc and will be a prequel to the original. The game will be episodic in nature.
- Quantum Break will be out November 2014 - There is a multiplayer mode - Part 1 of a trilogy. The game has had a significant graphical upgrade since last year.
- Sunset Overdrive is aiming for release on the last weeks of August/Early September. Graphically it looks like the CG trailer and the Parkour element of the game is a mix of Sonic, Jet Set Radio and Ratchet and Clank.
- The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.
- Leap Experience Pioneers will announce their game which looks like a TPS/RPG hybrid set in a Sci-fi universe. Looks very Mass Effect inspired. COMING 2015
- Platform Next Games is a new studio. They will be presenting an unnamed tech demo based on an upcoming project (similar to Black Tusks demo last year) which appears to be set in either an ancient or fantasy setting.
- Games With Gold will be announced for Xbox One starting immediately. The aim is that it will be 1 retail game a month, 1 digital game per month of a choice of 2. This will evolve as time goes on.
- Microsoft will announce the date when retail units can be activated as development kits, it will be before October 2014.
- Crackdown: Skyline - Coming 2015 - No other info, not even the developer. Microsoft Studios.
- Multi-platforms are as follows:
The Division (Xbox One is now lead platform)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
EA game (not specified here)
Exclusive/Timed DLC on all.
First lets see what information revealed in the blog post is common to the details revealed in the NeoGAF post. Both the rumor posts have similar release dates for upcoming video games; Halo 2: Anniversary (fall 2014), Forza Horizon 2 (fall 2014), Sunset Overdrive (late August/early September) and Quantum Break (fall 2014). The blog post also reveals many other details but some of them actually sound completely fake.
Most notable mention in the Microsoft E3 2014 press conference leak above is Ryse 2. This sounds a bit odd, like Crytek could surely be working on a sequel to this Xbox One exclusive title but would it not be very early to announce it at the upcoming E3? Ryse just released last year, and Microsoft has many other things to think about right now, so Ryse 2 announcement seems highly unlikely.
I really want to hear an announcement about Forza Horizon 2. Its been two years since the first Horizon game, and Microsoft might want to give some time to the rumored sequel at its E3 show. Rumors regarding Halo 2: Anniversary Edition have also been around for a while. We might hear an announcement about this game too.
I will not bother to go on discussing all the other leaked details. Lets just keep all the aforementioned information in mind and wait for E3. We will not know what part of the leak is legit until Microsoft itself confirms everything at E3 so right now, lets just feed on leaks and rumors and hope for the best.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter